It’s absolutely insane that sweatlocal has been in existence for over 5 years and it wasn’t until this Fall that I sat down to write our EXACT mission and vision statements.
You see, I’m a free thinker when it comes to business (and fitness) and so I outwardly reject or at least QUESTION a lot of established norms.
Take the phrase, “It not personal. It’s just business.” for example. It’s often used to make hard decisions land softly except uhm… no… we work with and for humans.
It’s all mother effin’ personal!!!!
Business decisions impact PEOPLE and PEOPLE impact business. I believe losing sight of that connection diminishes your services, creativity, hospitality, influence, and impact. #peoplematter
Well then, I guess that means I must embrace the idea that “The customer is always right?”
Except… NO to that too.
The client (and I hate that clinical word) ALWAYS HAS A VOICE and a DIRECT AVENUE to communicate with me but there are lines that CANNOT be crossed and that are not up for negotiation.
Touch a trainer or another client inappropriately, refuse to work next to someone because of their religion, the color of their skin, their physical abilities, their sexual orientation, then that client is actually NOT RIGHT, should be called out on it, without any regard to losing their business.
There are lines in the sand that we ALL have to draw.
And while I’ve always KNOWN and been COMFORTABLE with these out of the box operating procedures, I have come to understand that without your mission, vision, and principles explicitly written you can get LOST or off course in the middle of a big storm.
You must be CLEAR about your destination BEFORE the disruption.
You must be CONFIDENT with your navigation system BEFORE the surge appears.
You must be ANCHORED to your principles and values to hold on to your integrity because the RIGHT THING is often the HARDEST THING TO DO.
And so as #leggo2017 began to come to a close, I took a major deep dive into the very essence of our existence and I came out of that reflective process ENERGIZED, DRIVEN, FOCUSED, and EMBOLDENED like never before.
2018 is THE YEAR OF BOLD, as a result.
I’ve got some things on our 2018 agenda you may not be expecting but you’ll soon not forget.
Several things are in the brewing stages as of yet, but THEY WILL HAPPEN.
And so before all those things come to light, I wanted you to SEE and KNOW EXACTLY what we’re after, where we are going, and the values we bring to the table.
Here is our road map and our anchor.
We exist to EMPOWER and CONNECT each person with their inherent strength so that they can live their best life.
We envision a world where people are unafraid to tackle life boldly.
sweatlocal principles and C.O.R.E values
- Radical Truth – the personal freedom to show up in this world exactly as yourself and know it is exactly enough.
- Courage in the face of rejection.
- Ownership of strengths and imperfections.
- Respect for ourselves and others.
- Effort, because while RADICAL TRUTH is simple, it’s often the hardest thing to do. #dothehardthinganyways
- Radical Accountability – Outcomes are a direct result of our own actions and inactions.
- Courage in the face of consequence.
- Ownership in actions and words.
- Responsibility because we are 100% responsible for what happens and doesn’t happen to us. (Don’t worry that someone else isn’t taking their 100% responsibility. Eyes on your own damn paper!)
- Effort – You are in control of yourself and no one else. Blame is disempowering.
- Radical Resilience – success is paved by mistakes well handled
- Courage to take action despite fears.
- Ownership – It’s not about never making a mistake, it’s about what you do next.
- Reaction – You cannot always control your circumstances, but you always control your reaction to them.
- Effort – While failures are inevitable effort decides if you fail up or fall down #getgritty
I’m proud of what you see above. (Radical Truth)
I’m sad it took me 5 years and some madness to realize the potential and progress I was leaving behind too. (Radical Accountability)
But, I’m insanely excited for what is to come! (Radical Resilience)
A quick heads up… my newsletter sweatunfiltered is usually where I reveal most of what’s coming first. I love my Facebook and Instagram but my newsletter gets the goods and is always in the know first. If that appeals to you, cool. Join below. If not, that cool too 🙂