I can feel the nervousness building at Sweat as the holidays continue and the overeating begins to feel routine vs. an every once in a while splurge.
January 4th, we will begin a Jump Start at Sweat. You will have two choices.
A. THE POWER OF ONE
Power of One- a SINGLE focus and commitment to one major behavior change.
I BELIEVE in the Power of One. Research tells us that simplicity in behavior change creates SUCCESS.
Many times, we can get so inundated by unnecessary nutritional details that we set ourselves up for disaster. I will announce our Power of One habit on January 2nd at Sweat, as well as, our FB page.
You will commit to this habit change by signing a contract w/ yourself at Sweat. We will post this contract on our wall and each day that you are successful you will mark w/ a check mark.
The more marks on your paper, the better your results. I encourage you to take a progress picture on day 1 and on day 30. You WILL NOT need to post these pics!
B. ADVANCED JUMP START
Join the Sweat Unfiltered newsletter list for an advanced, in depth Jump Start.
First set of instructions go out next Tuesday so be on the look out. I want you fully prepped prepped to BEGIN ON January 4th!!
While I love and practice The Power of One, I do, however, understand that we can all get to a point where we feel so out of whack that we need to almost be jolted out of our daily routine. We need and crave the feeling of starting on a clean slate.
THAT is the ONLY reason I practice and promote Jump Starts.
Let me clear…Jump Starts
- are restrictive by nature and are useful only when motivation is HIGH
- are to be followed for a very short amount of time (2- 4 weeks) so that our metabolisms do not suffer
- create TRANSIENT results. In other words, you will NOT be able to keep ALL of the results of the Jump Start b/c you cannot SUSTAIN all of the habits consistently.
However, a successful jump start will…
- release you from unhealthy habit loops so that in February we can begin focusing on The Power of One
- provide you a healthy base to follow later in a less restrictive fashion
THE GOAL OF THE POWER OF ONE IS FAT LOSS…NOT MUSCLE GAIN. We are on SHRED mode vs. MUSCLE GAIN mode.