What are YOU changing for YOU??
DID you follow the #FitAndFlyByJuly Jump Start or are you ready to get on it today??? If you haven’t started hit the link above.
A solid jump start is there to re-establish a good rhythm, help you understand your schedule, get rid of (many of your) cravings, and increase energy. It is unrealistic in the sense that it pins you down to certain foods and behaviors but it’s an AWESOME tool to helping you discover or rediscover WHAT WORKS FOR YOU.
If you haven’t already begun to make SMALL adjustments to your jump start BY RESPONDING TO how you look and feel, then definitely NOW is the time. Here is when you absolutely MUST begin to stray a bit from “plan” and allow yourself to get comfortable with allowing a more natural flow to appear into the jump start.
I understand that for many, TRUSTING YOURSELF is the scariest part because there is always the fear that one piece of cake or chocolate will snowball you into a sugar binge and back to bad habits. However, it is essential that you learn to master the art of neither being “on” or “off” a diet. With your cravings gone and hunger more stable, now you can better navigate the middle ground where you naturally allow for higher or lower caloric intake depending on your training or even special occasions.
My results and what I’m tweaking…
I know…ideally I’d be in the same outfit (and a less messy bedroom) with the same lighting but my life rarely works out so that my progress pictures can take on that kind of precision. As you know, I’m not stepping on a scale so I can’t boast to you how many lbs I’ve lost but the waist and the leg room in all of my pants has increased, my belly has stayed flat, my energy is up, my workouts have stayed intense, and my cravings and binges have truly stayed at bay. My favorite part is that my muscles are popping out again which I LOVE!
I probably started tweaking my 30 Day Energy and Performance Jump Start around week 3 though instead of week 4 after I’d gotten a good daily rhythm down but started to feel like I needed to fuel a bit more post workout.
Here’s a run down of a usual day where my workouts fall around 10:30 or 11 a.m. If you workout at a different hour. I’d say you will want to move your starch within a 2 hour time frame of when YOU workout.
1. Wake up, coffee
2. 7:30- Isagenix shake- ice and unsweetened almond milk in the blender cause it makes it taste like a frosty. Strawberry is my favorite right now! Vitamins
3. 10:30- Tri-Pep BCAA, workout, (or E+ Energy shot if I feel like I need more help).
4. 11:30- about 1/3 cup oatmeal or fruit and Isagenix shake OR a whole food lunch w/ whole grain carbs and/or fruit. It really depends on my schedule and hunger that day. With the weather warming up, I’m partial to a BIG green salad, loaded w/ veggies, meat, and an olive oil based dressing. I’ve noticed on some days I need to eat and then a bit later consume my carb about an hour later. I’m not going to force food down my face.
5. 3:00pm- coffee and either Isagenix bar or a whole food snack. I absolutely love, love, love the Peanut Butter Chocolate Isagenix bars. If I go the whole food route, I’m really into grabbing 2 Wasa crackers and Vigo sardines or octupus, squid, or tuna. I always buy these items canned in oil not water! Fat is not your enemy! Some days I’ll do Pimento cheese instead.
6. 6:00- Isagenix shake OR a whole food dinner that looks a lot like item #4. Once again, it depends on my schedule and hunger.
a. I never ever use supplements all day long!
b. My metabolism responds well to “higher” carb and “lower” fat lifestyle. I’m getting no less than 100 grams of carbs/day but they are ALL coming w/ a solid dose of dietary fiber from whole grains, fruits, and veggies. I am NOT feeling like I need to add fats to my Isagenix shakes. Instead I opt to add a bit of fat w/ something like pimento cheese on the Wasa crackers. My body will shed well w/ moderate carbs.
If this is month 2 of your #FitAndFlyByJuly jump start, you are ready to take the training wheels off and begin navigating a bit more freely. I think you would agree that my pictures demonstrate you will get results without the need to become robotic or feel like you have to follow someone else’s exact protocol. In the end you have to meet your own metabolic NEEDS! If you are just now feeling ready to take on a jump start, I’m excited. Results are around the corner!!
As always, if you have questions, feel free to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org or private message me on the Sweat Facebook page.